Sunday, August 1, 2010

TEMPLE FROM THE DUST


A TEMPLE IN BRIGHAM CITY!


President Thomas S. Monson announced in October of 2009 that a temple would be built in Brigham City Utah. The dream is finally coming true! The groundbreaking was held yesterday (July 31, 2010). We've heard that the fences will go up tomorrow and the work will begin. Whenever that happens, I hope to take a picture a day to document the progress of this exciting project.

This is a view taken today (August 1) and if the work does begin tomorrow, you'll be able to see a day by day progression. This is a picture looking east which will eventually be the back of the temple. The tabernacle is in the background.


I took the picture below while standing on the landing of the tabernacle looking west (at what will someday be the front of the temple).


2 comments:

  1. The girls and I will be following for sure, what a great idea this was! I think your mom would be so proud. I wish I could have known her. I find you both to be great examples. I wish I was better at keeping a history of things...especially my girls. I love history and seeing what once was and how great things came to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!...my FIRST comment! Thanks for writing (and I really enjoyed our visit yesterday!)! Leslie

    ReplyDelete