Monday, August 2, 2010

They weren't kidding...

Yep, the big trucks are out today at the temple site. They've closed the street just to the west and put up fence to the east. I guess my plan of taking a picture from the west and east have been foiled. I'll do the best that I can. What a beautiful day to start work on our temple!


GROUNDBREAKING:

I'm going to post some random shots (taken by my daughter Annie) of the groundbreaking ceremony last Saturday.  Just a note of interest:  Elder and Sister Packer (she's the one in the blue dress speaking at the podium) grew up in Brigham City, so this is "home" to them.  He said that some people might be surprised to know that he had nothing to do with a temple being built here.  I guess the church members did it on our own by super-duper temple attendance in Ogden.


The van with the brethren in it drove right up on the sidewalk behind the podium with 12 shovels:


This is where they unveiled the artist's rendering of the finished temple:


That evening after all the festivities were over, we had a double rainbow (without even raining...go figure) and we're absolutely positive that the end of the rainbow
touched down on the temple site!

1 comment:

  1. What awesome pictures. Now I'm sorry I didn't "fight the crowd" to be at the temple site for the dedication! Looking forward to more of your posts as the temple is built.
    What a wonderful way to share history-in-the-making - and by a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete